Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Simple, Beautiful Paper Pads

I am a lister.
But not the inspirational type lists that you're all drooling over at the recent viral 30 Days of Lists. I'm the type that needs lists so I don't lose my head, waste a day forgetting what my plans were, or buy a million lemons like that Alzheimer's commercial. I love how lists keep me on track, keep everything organized and show accomplishments by crossing finished items off. Because of my addiction to making at least 2 lists a day and having to bring about 4 lists on each outing, I go through a lot of notebooks, pads of paper and the like. so I decided to make my own!

I've also decided to promise myself to pamper myself with paper. I have a LOT of scrap booking paper just waiting in my craft drawers for a project "worthy" of it's beauty. I tend to hold onto paper that I love in case I "waste" it or come up with a perfectly coordinating project, and heaven forbid I start a project and it doesn't go well and have to end up recycling the gorgeous paper. I'm so silly like this, I also stash away food, underwear, yarns & fabrics... So I've put my foot down and have started to USE all the gorgeous paper I have stashed away, because EVERY project should deserve it. So I have used some of my favourite floral papers on these pads:

It was quite simple, I just cut 2 pieces of thicker cardstock to a size I desired (these are approximately 5.5"x5.5" and 3"x5.5" which divides up a regular 8.5"x11" sheet perfectly.) Cut up a stack of white printer paper (each pad has 20-30 pages) in the same size(s), layered appropriately and stapled it all together. I then added a ribbon to cover the staples and used double sided tape on the back of the pad to keep the ribbon in place. They're not perfect, but they're just for my own personal use.

My apologies go out to my friend at Sibyl & Psyche if my rough edges and uneven pages are making her cringe. lol :)

1 comment:

  1. I looooove these! And thanks for the shout out, though I truly can not see a paper out of place. I might give this a try myself...I also have a totally insane stash of scrapbook paper hanging out in my studio! :o)

    ReplyDelete