So delicious, crunchy outside, chewy inside, hard to resist!
1 cup of flour
1 cup of quick-cooking rolled oats
1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
1/4 teaspoon of salt
1/2 cup of butter
1/2 cup of granulated (white) sugar
1/2 cup of packed brown sugar
1/2 cup of peanut butter (I use all-natural-no-oil-added-just-plain-crushed-peanuts crunchy peanut butter, but smooth would work fine too)
1 1/2 teasppons of vanilla
1 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips (other flavoured chips, nuts, or dried fruit)
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, oats, baking soda, baking powder and salt; set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat butter, sugars and peanut butter with an electic mixer (you'll have to dig out your beaters a few times). Add in egg and vanilla.
- Gradually add flour mixture, mixing well after each addition. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop by teaspoon onto an ungreased baking sheet, bake for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned (center will still be soft)
- Cool for 1 minute on sheet, the transfer to cooling rack to cool completely.